free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Daddy's Girl

We welcomed our daughter into the world at 8:19 am yesterday. She is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. There were some complications but Mommy and baby made it through the ordeal safely and are both doing great.

This little girl will have me wrapped around her finger for the rest of her life. That's a little frightening because I know how spoiled her big brothers are. I love my kids. I was talking with my oldest yesterday and he asked who I loved the most. I guess all siblings wonder about that from time to time. I did my best to explain how I didn't love any one of them more than the other. I would die for all of them but it wouldn't be honest to say that I felt EXACTLY the same about all three of them. My firstborn has the special bond because he was first. This little girl has the special thing because she's the girl. My middle child is something totally different as well. He is one of the most charismatic people I have ever met and he's only four. He will be knocking the ladies out in about ten years.

I think all of you parents with more than one child understand what I'm talking about. You love ALL of your children with all your heart but there are differences...that's what makes them so special. They have their own personalities and qualities that bring out different emotions and responses. I dunno...maybe I'm just babbling like an idiot. I'm still basking in the afterglow. Give me a few days to come down out of the clouds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

I look forward to having our second child, as well. Having one has brought so much to my life, as it is.

I've said it many times but... congrats, bro!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Benj said...

She is going to be so freakin' cool.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home