free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wednesday, Wednesday

Well...I did it. I went out and bought Joel Osteen's book. I am curious enough to plop down $13.95 at the local Wal-Mart and give it a shot. Best case scenerio is that I end up very bored and giving the book to my mother-in-law. I hope that is the outcome...I really do. I did skim through it while waiting in line to check out and saw a couple of things that sent up warning signs. I won't reveal them to you just yet, I'd rather wait and see exactly what he was saying before I give in to my skeptical and cynical side. I do find it interesting that the Lifeway store did not have the book. I know, I know you're all asking...why did I go in the Lifeway? I was actually looking for the Osteen book. No such luck. Expect a scathing review or a life-changing testimony any day now.

I did pick up a biography of Martin Luther for $1.99. I was tempted to pick up the City On A Hill CD boxset for $24.95 but decided that I'd wait. I do have one question though. Why don't retail stores just price stuff with even numbers? It would make it MUCH easier to calculate sales tax in my head. I guess the thought of saving that one penny is just awesome enough to make us go, "Wow...what a bargain."

My wife and I celebrated our fourteenth wedding anniversary today. After going to all of her doctor appointments we went to the local Pizza Inn and shared a steak & cheese stromboli. For the record, we met each other while working there during high school. I also worked there for quite a long time. I didn't leave under the best of terms and we seldomly eat there. But I have finally gotten over my intense desire to torch the place so we stop in every couple of months or so...for old times' sake.

Our daughter is absolutely beautiful. Our boys are pretty awesome too. I'd post photos and things, but that would kill the anonymity. You'll just have to take my word for it...my kids rock. I would never have imagined that I could be held breathless while watching a child sleep. It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. They are so amazing. I never knew what true love was until I held my children. Don't take that wrong. I love my wife. I would die for her. But there's something different about your children. You literally hurt when they hurt. I don't know that I can explain it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benj said...

I'm guessing Lifeway doesn't carry Osteen's book because they have issues with it. There have been a couple of books like that in the past that they refuse to carry.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Interesting that the book is so far out there that Lifeway doesn't even carry it.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home