free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Amazing Grace Indeed



This is one of the more interesting things I've seen in a long time. I can't remember exactly when I first saw it but I know it's been around for a while. I think Steven does a pretty good job and I can't help but wonder if he is really thinking about the lyrics he is singing. The church he is performing at is part of the Association of Unity Churches and, as far as I can tell, they stray WAY outside the lines of orthodox Christianity. That makes me wonder what THEY think when they sing those words. If they truly believe that we're all divine in nature (which is kind of what I got from their website) then how can we be wretches in need of God's salvation?

The link to the video is in the title. Watch it if you have time. It's really good. I would like to hear Mr. Tyler sing a lot of the old church songs like this. Of course...I'd like him to mean it when he sang them too. Who knows...maybe God will shake him one day like he did me. Amazing Grace...how sweet the sound...that saved a wretch like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home