free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Does This Mean That I Am Over It?

I just read that a church here in Eastern North Carolina is looking for a preacher. I have preached at this church on numerous occasions and got along with them splendidly. They just hired their last preacher in 2008...I know this because I filled their pulpit while they waited for him to move from Ohio.

Two months ago I would have already sent my resume and a CD of a sermon. I would be telling everyone to be praying that a door might be opened for me. I would be desperately hoping that they would be interested in talking to me again.

You know what my response was? I laughed and left the website. I called my wife and we had a good laugh about it together. You know what? I do not believe that I want to be a preacher anymore. As much as I enjoy doing it...the church has pretty much killed any desire I have to serve in that capacity.

What does that mean? I do not know...but I am thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home