free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jump Start My Blog

I. Am. Lazy. There...I said it. I want to be one of those prolific bloggers with captive audiences but the truth is...I am too lazy to write and market myself. I may have three or four people who check this thing when I update it and that is nobody's fault but mine. If I were serious about this whole blogging thing then I would take the time to construct thought-provoking entries that would entice people to respond. I would invest myself in this thing and try to get it out there for people to read. I do not know how to motivate myself to do that. I am thinking about it. That is something I am REAL good at. Thinking about it. I have lived my whole life thinking about it.

I am performing a wedding this weekend. I am ready for it to be over. I do not like the stress and pressure of being the minister in a wedding for a group of people who I really do not know. What if I mess it up?

I am also preaching at my home church this weekend. I am more relaxed about that. I enjoy preaching. I actually thought I was going to be a preacher but God (or someone) had a different idea. People are still telling me to be patient, that God will work in His own time. These are not ideas that I disagree with...but I have given up on the whole idea of being "called" to preach or minister at a local congregation. I think that is the biggest line I was fed at Bible College. It is not the only one...but I think it is one of the worst. I pretty much believe that the way we run our churches is a disgrace. Church is not a democracy. Church is not a business. Why do we continue to shove those faulty models into the body of Christ?

I don't know. If I were one of those prolific guys I would write a whole series of entries about this. But...I have already told you. I am lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home