free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Do You Feel It Too?

Do you ever feel the struggle? When I read Paul's words concerning the battle between flesh and spirit I completely understand. In my head I know the right things to do. I know the things I shouldn't do as well. I can see myself slowly doing the exact opposite of what I should or shouldn't be doing and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I KNOW what I'm supposed to do but I just can't seem to make myself do it. Do you ever feel that battle raging within?

I'm fully aware of the war I fight, yet I don't understand how to win it. I know that victory can only come through the blood of Jesus. But it is so hard to claim that victory sometimes. The struggle seems too great. I guess that I'm too caught up in the flesh sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Benj said...

I feel it.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I knew you would. I guess it's just you, me, and Smeagol from Lord Of The Rings.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home