free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Guess Who's Back...Back Again.

I have returned after a week-long absence. I was in the process of moving my family to our new home and then I spent a week serving at a Christian camp. I had much fun but I'm glad to be home. I missed my wife and kids terribly and was probably more homesick than any of the kids we had.

School starts back in exactly one month and I'm excited about it. I'm really looking forward to getting back into serious study of the Bible. I look forward to finally completing the goal I set YEARS ago. I truly believe that God has brought me back to this school at just the right time. There have been times over the past ten years when I felt so dejected and lost. I knew that God had called me into ministry and my apparent failure at Bible college made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I couldn't understand how God could lead me there and just let it all blow up in my face. I was very bitter about the whole experience.

And then a few years ago I felt that tugging at my heart again. I had never completely given up on the call but I just didn't see how God could possibly bring me back around. I guess that I thought my failures were just too great to overcome. I guess they would've been if it had been up to me to fix them. Fortunately we have a God that is all powerful and is faithful to complete the things that we just can't. I am totally floored by the grace and mercy He continues to pour out on me. I have been humbled and awe-struck in the process.

I look forward to sharing all the things that God brings about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home