free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ramen, Oh Ramen

You know...I love ramen noodles. Many people cringe at the mere sound of the word "ramen" but I get all warm on the inside. I don't know what it is that makes people hate them so. Perhaps it's the fact that represent everything that is cheap in the world of food. A pack of noodles goes for about $.08 at the local grocery store. Maybe they bring back flashbacks of dorm rooms and cramming for exams. There are very few college students who haven't counted out some pennies and happily taken home a couple of packs. I don't know how I would've survived the early years of marriage without those glorious noodles.

And it seems as if I'm not alone. I Googled "ramen noodles" and you wouldn't believe the sorts of things I found. My favorite is THIS page which claims to be the official ramen noodle page. There are all sorts of testimonies and even gourmet recipes requiring ramen. You gotta love it.

My personal favorite recipe for ramen requires a pound of ground beef, soy sauce, garlic, and two packs of the beef flavored noodles. Brown and drain the beef. Add soy sauce, the flavor packs from the noodles, and garlic to taste. Then stir in the cooked noodles. Yummy. My kids love it too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Well....we also have ice cream sandwiches and peanut butter.

HA!!!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger praynlady said...

Howdy FFS, just wanted to let you know that your blog encouraged me to put in a recipe that I made up today. Who knows, someday a big time chef will see it and call me up to borrow it! lol
thought it might go well with ramen though. Just thought I'd let ya know.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

praynlady: I've seen you around Todd's blog. Thanks for stopping by. I did drop by yours too.

5:26 PM  
Blogger praynlady said...

FFS, didya try the shrimp yet? I'm already thinkin it's time for more? Course, I have this good ole Gulf Coast shrimp....can't beat it! I enjoy yours and Todds blogs.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home