free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Holy Crap (I Stole This Post From Todd Ruth)

I was looking for some interesting Christian blogs to frequent and ran across a guy named Todd Ruth. Something he said in his most recent post got me to thinking. HERE is his post. I told him that I was going to swipe his idea and give him the credit...now that it's been taken care of, I'll begin.

He suggested that there was something spiritual about a Dad cleaning up a messy diaper. I guess that some would fail to see past the poop in his post (he actually posted a photo) and really think about how true that concept is.

We, as Christians, have a Father who is constantly cleaning up behind us. We find ourselves in all sorts of...well...poop and He is the only one who can get it off of us. I can really relate to that because I have a newborn daughter. When she has a dirty diaper there is absolutely nothing that she can do about it. She can squirm, she can wiggle, and she can make faces but she can't fix the problem. Her only resort is to scream until either I or her mother come in and make things better.

We are in the exact same situation when it comes to our sin. Every single one of us eventually ends up covered in muck and mire. No matter how hard we try, we find ourselves splattered with poop and we can do nothing about it. We can squirm and wiggle, we can even try to clean it up ourselves, but our efforts leave us covered in poop. The only thing we can do is cry out to our Father and wait for Him to come and clean us up. And the beautiful thing is that He always hears our cries. He always comes in and wipes the poop away.

Thanks Todd for reminding me that my Daddy's always there to clean up the mess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Benj said...

Hehe, nice title. And lovely analogy.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Thanks Todd. I'm glad I found your blog. Keep it up.

12:22 AM  
Blogger praynlady said...

I couldn't have said it better. Great concept and it makes sense.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I give Todd the credit for the idea and my children for all the poop.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home