free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Friday, July 01, 2005

That's One UGLY Dog

I have my Yahoo page set to display odd news stories. The top story for today was the Ugliest Dog In The World Contest. I will be honest, there are a lot of dogs that I think are ugly. Almost any small breed dog kept by a little old lady would qualify as an ugly dog. My own grandmother has owned more than one. Any dog that has its fur poofed up would also fall into the category of ugly dog. I'll be brutally honest now...if it's not a big, slobbering dog that goes, "WOOF WOOF," I'll probably think it's ugly.

I wasn't prepared for the beast that won this contest. Those of you who have seen Peter Jackson's gorefest Dead Alive will remember the
Samarian rat monkey in the beginning. That pus-dripping creature is cuter than this dog. Salacious Crumb, who was Jabba the Hutt's little sidekick, is cuter than this dog. The sandworms from Dune are cuter than this dog.

It, quite possibly, is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life. I leave you the links so can judge for yourselves.

News Story
Photo

2 Comments:

Blogger ck said...

I didn't get to see a pic in the article so I couldn't really be a judge myself.

But it must have been really ugly, winning for three consecutive times...

BAM: Why does she keep the dog. Er..because it pays.

7:21 PM  
Blogger praynlady said...

I did a search and found the pics. OH MY GOSH!! that is by far something that will give you nightmares. How'd ya like to wake up each morning with that thing licking your face to go outside? I think I'd leave him out there.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home