free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's A Nice Day For A...White Wedding

I am sitting here at the church relaxing before this afternoon's wedding. This experience (especially the last 24 hours or so) has gotten me to thinking. Imagine that.

When June 29 rolls around this year my wife and I will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. I struggle with growing older...especially as I watch my kids hit those childhood milestones that I vividly remember. I will turn 40 in June and I really do not have a problem with it...however...I am still amazed at how fast time zooms by.

I met my lovely wife 22 years ago. I kissed her for the first time 22 years ago. We began "going together" 21 years ago. We got engaged 20 years ago. Those numbers baffle me. I have been involved in a relationship with my wife for over half of my life. I can still remember how I felt the first time I saw her...walking through the kitchen at Pizza Inn. I remember all of the times we used to hang around together after work. I remember our first unofficial date (with the aforementioned kiss) like it was yesterday. I also remember our first "REAL" date almost a year later. I remember proposing to her while we sat in the car eating lunch.

There are so many things that come to mind as I sit here and reflect on the past 20 or so years. I remember how quickly the two days passed when we got married. I remember being nervous and then everything being over. Fortunately...we have two really good video recordings of the service. If not...I probably would not remember much of it at all.

I have kept this in mind as I worked with this couple getting married today. I have tried to guide them and help them as they make this a day to remember. I have also told them that there is no need to stress out over all of the little stuff...they will never remember it. I hope and pray that they have a wonderful wedding today. I hope that I do what I need to do and make things go smoothly.

I hope that in 19 or 20 years they will be able to sit down and think about today. I hope that when they do...they will only have good thoughts come to mind.

LORD...bless us and keep us. Be with this family as it begins today. Watch over them and protect them. Let Your Spirit constantly point them back towards You.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home