free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Maybe It Is Just Me

You know what? I mess things up a lot. Becoming a follower of Christ and going to Bible college did not change that. Being ordained as a minister did not change that. The truth is...no matter what I do or how hard I try...I keep screwing things up.

I used to believe that was why I had such a tough time finding a church to minister to. In my mind I told myself that I had to have it all together in order to be used by God. I falsely looked at guys (some much younger than myself) and thought that they had to have things completely straight with God. They would not be working in churches if they were as screwed up as I was.

Boy...was I wrong. I have since learned that many (maybe MOST) preachers, elders and teachers fight the same things I do. We all are sinners covered by the grace of God and we ALL have areas that still need to be completely surrendered to God. Show me a preacher who claims that he has it all together and I will show you a liar.

That is why GRACE is so awesome. God uses us IN SPITE of ourselves. Even when we fall down on our faces, He picks us up and continues to use us. I may never serve as the minister of a congregation...honestly...I am starting to wonder if I even want to anymore...but that is not the point. The point is that God is going to use me right where I am no matter how screwed up I get. Grace...man...it's a beautiful thing. My goal is to live in that grace and extend it to everyone I come in contact with.

That is what Jesus told us to do...right?

Once again...I'm thinking about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Woolard said...

praying for you man....just did.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home