free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Brief Pause To Relax

I made it through the last three days unscathed. Of course...I really was not worried that I would be scathed in the process. It is good to get to the end of a planned event and realize that it went off without a hitch.

The wedding was beautiful. The service was nice and everyone behaved. There was a lot of drama leading up to the wedding...including a damaged wedding dress and a dog who decided to eat part of the wedding cake. There was a cheese ball that magically disappeared and then magically reappeared half-eaten...just in time for the reception. The musician for the wedding did not show up until about fifteen minutes before the service started. There were short tempers and family disagreements...but...fortunately...it all ended up on a very nice note. I was honored to be a part of it.

I preached today and I think it went well. I borrowed the basic idea from a sermon I had read elsewhere...but I think I made it my own. People seemed to enjoy it. I will be honest...I never know how to respond to those comments people make as they are leaving. Do they really think the sermon was good...or are they just saying what they think they should be saying? Are the people slipping by without speaking just in a hurry...or do they think the sermon sucked and do not want to have to tell me?

I do not know. In the grand scheme of things...I guess it does not really matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger BAMboozle said...

I laughed when I read that the event went off "without a hitch" because I thought...wait it was a wedding...they're supposed to get "hitched"...haha Glad it went well though, despite the drama.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home