free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Day After

Well...I've had some time to process things and I have come to the following conclusion...turning 40 isn't that big of a deal. It's not like I really expected it to be some life-changing experience anyway. I didn't believe that I was going to wake up and finally "get it" or that life was going to finally make sense. If anything...it has only reinforced my belief that I've got to live every day to the fullest and do my best to be the man God wants me to be. I need to be a good husband and a good father. If I manage to do those two things...then I think I will be okay.

My new life verse is Matthew 22:34-40 (ESV)

34But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the great and first commandment. 39And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."


On a slightly different note...I've been thinking...do you think we ignore/quench/silence the Holy Spirit out of fear? Are we afraid to really give in and let Him take control of our lives?

I think that may be part of my problem. I am afraid of what He might inspire me to do. What sacrifices and changes would have to take place if I truly surrendered to His will?

To me...that is a frightening question.

By the way...happy birthday Mom. Thanks for having me forty years ago yesterday.
__________________

1 Comments:

Blogger BAMboozle said...

Yes I think that we are scared of what the HS might do with/through us. I worried about that a lot when I first got ready to come to Ghana. I worried that God would send me here & "make" me stay here forever.....now I'm not worried about it. But it's more scary to think that you are ignoring what the HS wants you to do....because then you'd be going away from God's will and the only place that leads you is to Hell.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home