free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Thursday, April 29, 2010

What Am I Doing Here?

I think that is a legitimate question. What am I doing here while I have this limited amount of time here on Earth? Can I justify all of the time I waste doing trivial things...like playing with this blog? Can I justify the time I spend watching television or listening to music? What kind of steward am I with my time?

Honestly? Truthfully?

I suck. I do get up and go to work five days a week and I do spend time being involved in various church related activities...but does that excuse all of the time that I totally waste? I am being perfectly honest. I waste it. I blow it. I kill it.

How much time could I spend in the Word if I would cut out the silly stuff? How much closer could my family be if we spent all that time together...instead of entertaining ourselves?

I personally do not believe it is wrong to seek entertainment...but when it becomes the biggest part of our lives...I think there is a problem.

I know that I need to take a good look at what I am doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger BAMboozle said...

You know, it's never too late to change your family routine....maybe instead of TV or music you can have a family devotion at night. I would also encourage you (the whole family) to start doing memory work...it sounds silly....but memorizing scripture is really a great way to focus. When you're frustrated, mad, sad, tempted...the verses you memorize just come to the surface very quickly. & you know the Family Devos would be a great way to "train up your children" into the awesome Christians you want them to be. :) just my 2 cents...maybe a little more than 2 cents

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home