free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

And We're Off...

I started my first ever exercise program tonight. That's right, I'm actually going to try to lose weight the way you're supposed to. My goal is to walk every morning and every night. I've got a nice little route to walk around the campus here and it's not too far from our apartment. I did six laps tonight which is right at two miles. I want to be able to add laps as my body grows healthier and becomes used to physical activity. My eventual goal is to be able to run five miles a day but I realize that is off in the future somewhere. My body has pretty much been inactive for the past twenty plus years and I can't jump into it that quickly. I want to set realistic goals and meet them. Once school starts and the gym is open I can use the equipment there as well, but the walking seems to be a pretty good start I think.

I'm also trying to organize a daily quiet time. There have been times in the past when I faithfully prayed and read my Bible, but they have somehow managed to slip away. I realize that I will be in the Bible a LOT once school starts but I really believe that personal devotion is much different than studying it for a test. I also want to start family devotions but I really need to sit down and look at our current schedule and see when the best time for it is.

There are so many areas in my life where I have been undisciplined. One of the goals I set when I decided to come back to school was to be a more disciplined Christian, husband, and father. I feel like I'm talking baby steps right now in all three areas but for the first time in ages, I'm moving forward. Thank You LORD for being so merciful and gracious to such a slob as me.

2 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

good luck to you ffs. I will keep you in my prayers. Losing weight is not that easy and doing it alone can be difficult. I am not allowed to begin walking yet so the weight is still piling on. Once I can, I plan to start with a mile in the am, and a mile in the pm then work up from there. I WILL HAVE TO QUIT DRINKING DR PEPPER!!! this i know for a fact. Oh, if you love something, let it go, if it love you.....haha Keep up the good work.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Thanks for the word of encouragement.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home