free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Friday, August 05, 2005

Bowling All The Way To The Grave

You know what? I don't want to like a band called Bowling For Soup, in fact, I want to hate them with all the passion of a white-hot star. It is against everything that I hold true and dear....but dang it....I like that song 1985. I like the fact that I recognize the references (both lyrically and visually) and I like the fact that the guitarist is a big fat slob just like me. I like the fact that they not only name-drop two Molly Ringwald movies, but they diss Limp Bizkit as well. I like the fact that the song is catchy and I can hum along.

The song is fun. Maybe I'm just an old geezer remembering a kindler, gentler and more hedonistic time. I can relate when they ask, "When did Motley Crue become classic rock?" It is the thing that keeps me up at night. That and the fact that the local "oldies" station played The Eagles yesterday. I am slowly realizing that death is making his way to my door....I just hope he's playing this song when he knocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home