free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Friday, August 12, 2005

Library Day

Our family has recently begun a new family tradition. Every two weeks we go to the library and get books. Today was the day. I decided to only get five books this time. I didn't finish two of the ones I checked out last time. I grew weary with one of them and just couldn't get a good start on the other one. I may give them another go at a later date. Today I decided to stick with recreational reading. Here are my picks for the next two weeks, although I've almost finished one already. I think I may be having my personal Library Day early.

Cash - Johnny Cash
KISS: Behind The Mask - David Leaf and Ken Sharp
C.S. Lewis : A Biography - A.N. Wilson
To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Dream-Quest Of Unknown Kadath - H.P. Lovecraft

I really wanted some H.G. Wells but all they had was The Invisible Man.

School starts in eleven days and I'm really starting to get that anxious (but exciting) feeling. My books have been purchased and are sitting on the desk waiting for me. My class schedule is taped to the side of the fridge. I'm ready to finally finish up this phase in my life. It's taken me quite a while to get here but God has been extremely patient and has led me here. I can only thank Him.

I did apply for a part-time job today at the little pizza joint up the road. It would be nice if I could get it. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home