free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Feel The Burn

Well, I played ball again tonight. I'm tired and my body aches but there's something refreshing about it. It feels good to know that my body is sore because I was actually doing something good for it. It's much better than the stuffed, miserable feeling I get after eating way too much spaghetti and crashing on the couch for a night of Law & Order reruns. I don't fool myself, these kids (yes, I'm calling 20 year olds kids) are in much better shape than I am and can play MUCH better than I can, but I'm having a ball...literally.

We're having some serious thunderstorms tonight. I like storms. I like the way lightning looks as it streaks down to Earth and I love the boom as thunder rattles everything. I like the breeze that blows in off the river as the rain comes pouring down. Nothing beats a Summer thunderstorm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home