free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Top Ten Songs Ever

I was watching some folks on a messageboard I frequent try to compile their top ten songs ever. It was interesting seeing some of the people and tunes they picked. I will be honest, I didn't know a lot of them. Some of these people are what I call "music snobs" and their lists looked like resumes for music snobbery. It did get me to thinking about what songs I would put on such a list.

I don't know that I can even begin to make such a list. Do I limit it to certain genres or time periods? Do I only include sacred music? Do I leave off sacred music? What sort of criteria do I use? After pondering it for two days I have even less of an idea how to do it. I tell you what I will do though. I'll give you ten songs that made a huge impression on me. They aren't what I'd call the greatest songs ever, but they were instrumental in making me who I am right now.


Sweet Is The Night - Electric Light Orchestra
Judas' Kiss - Petra
Once In A Lifetime - Chicago
Have You Ever Seen The Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - Hank Williams
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
Overdose - George Huntley
Reach Out - Stryper
The Trees - Rush
Near The Cross (the hymn)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home