free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Monday, August 15, 2005

Throw Me The Rock...Uh...Nevermind.

Well...I accepted an invitation to go play basketball with some of the students here. The dorm RAs are here early so they decided to play some full court b-ball. I was the tenth man. Let's just say this, if I do this every night I will either get in shape real quick or die. It was a lot of fun though. I hung in there as best as I could and actually nabbed some rebounds, blocked two shots, and scored twice. By our third "period" I gave up chasing down fastbreaks and just took my time. I got winded a couple of times but I think I hung in there. I didn't school anybody and I didn't run with some of the better guys but I did hold my own. I actually surprised myself and played much better than I anticipated. I won't lie though...I'm beat. These guys are in pretty good shape and are fifteen years younger than me. I didn't expect to be able to run at all but I did okay. I even got a couple of high-fives. I guess the walking has paid off, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home