free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Saturday, August 20, 2005

I Had A Dream

Do you ever feel as if you're living in someone else's reality and not your own? I look at the life I'm currently leading and I can't quite figure out how it became mine. It's not a bad life, in fact, it's a pretty good one so I'm not complaining. But it's not the one I planned, heck, it's not even close. I've often sat around and moped over the loss of dreams or the failure of plans and wondered, "Why didn't things turn out the way I wanted?" I'm starting to believe that I've had it all wrong. Instead of being in a constant state of looking back I should be constantly looking around. Instead of asking why, I should be saying thanks. I look at all the dreams and goals I set for myself years ago and I can honestly say that I'm glad I didn't attain them. I have a wonderful woman at my side and two incredibly awesome boys. I have a beautiful little girl and as scary as that seems, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wouldn't trade any of it. I don't know who's dream life I got, but I'm glad that I'm the one who ended up with it. I just hope he's enjoying my old dream as much as I'm enjoying his.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home