free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not Much To Say

I did my first ever Fantasy Football Draft tonight. An old friend of mine invited me to play along with some of his college buddies and co-workers. It didn't cost me anything so I said, "What the heck?" We had an online draft and I did okay...I guess. I managed to get Tiki Barber and Donovan McNabb even though I was the next to last pick. I also picked Baltimore's defense and Andre Crumpler as my TE. I probably won't win but I think I'll do decent. I don't feel like going through all 15 picks but I got some good guys. I picked Delhomme as my back-up QB.

The students are all back on campus now so things are bustling and exciting. It's good to see some of the kids from my home church and some the students who helped out at camp this Summer. There are seven of us from our home church here. That's not bad for a school with less that 300 students. It's also nice to know some people. My boys like them and they treat my boys like family. It also helps that we know some of the faculty from our first stint here.

We really feel like this is the begininng of a new phase in our life. We've closed a lot of doors but there have been so many opened that we are often speechless. God continues to shower us with blessings. There have been several times over the last month when we honestly didn't know what we were going to do. We finally put it in His hands and He has been faithful ever since. The doubt and fear is quickly disappearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home