free flying soul

"this world has nothing for me and this world has everything...all that I could want and nothing that I need"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Macclesfield, North Carolina, United States

Born: 1970; Graduated High School: 1988; Married: 1991; Children: 1996, 2000, 2005; Graduated College: 2008; Figured Out This Faith Thing: In Progress

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Kids Are Alright...And Some Other Stuff

My children amaze me. I never would've thought that I could be content to just sit and stare at them as they sleep. My daughter will be two months old this Friday. It's hard to believe that it's been that long. It seems just like yesterday. Of course, that goes with my two sons as well. My oldest son is nine and it just blows my mind that he used to be as small as his sister. My middle son will be five in December and he is making me old with every passing day. He bounces off the walls. Oh...to have a fraction of his energy now.

I have spent the last two nights playing full court basketball with some of the guys here at school. How I wish I could bottle some of my son's get-up-and-go and take a swig between plays. I might be able to keep up with them for a whole game. Perhaps my feet and ankles wouldn't be screaming at me so loudly right now. That's okay, if I keep it up I'll either be in great shape...or dead. I guess I win both ways huh?

School starts back for me and my oldest son next week. We went to the local Wal-Mart and bought school supplies. It's kind of cool to walk down the aisle with your kid and argue over who's going to get the last Darth Vader composition book. You wanna guess who won that one?

I placed out of a basic computer class (thank You Jesus) and have to add one more to keep my full time status. I'm taking a light load so I decided to add Greek. I figure one semester will give me a good indication of whether I want to pursue it any further. I'm also thinking about taking at least two semesters of Hebrew before I graduate. I will probably wait until my Senior year before tackling that one though.

I'm about to dive back into the book I began this evening, I Was Wrong by Jim Bakker. I just finished up a couple of books about Johnny Cash. They were very interesting and have stoked my interest in early bluegrass Gospel music. We'll see where the Bakker book takes me. Perhaps I'll start my own TV show when I finish.

Good night, God bless, kiss your mother.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benj said...

Haha, I love the part about the Darth Vader composition book.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home